Friday 14 February 2014

Contents Page and Double Page Spread Progress

Contents Page
I have started and finished my contents page. I did this by adding a picture of my model on the left hand side and from my research I have noticed that similar rap magazines have used the subtitles "features" and "fashion" so I used them both in my own magaziene and decided to change the colour scheme to black and pink which matches the colour of my models clothes and lips as she was the main subject of this issue.

On rap magazines that I have seen such as VIBE, I have noticed that they list popular artists and write a small opening line about them to give the reader an idea of the content on those particular pages. I decided to do this on my contents and page and use a variation of colours and font sizes to make the magazine look as interesting and professional as possible.

Double Page Spread
I have completed my double page spread and I again decided to stick with the colour scheme I used on the contents - as the main subject is Miss G and the colours tie in with her clothing and general look. Although this is a rap magazine I wanted to bring a new perspective to it and include contents specifically for girls to widen the variety of my audience, because usually when you look at rap magazines the typical codes and conventions link to males and don't always look very female friendly, so I thought I'd take aspects of rap magazines and alter it to produce what I have produced on my double page spread.

When looking at VIBE magazine and their double page spreads, I have noticed that they put a photo of the subject on one side of the article and sometimes smaller images. I like this idea and I tried to make my double page spread look similar but with my own spin on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment