Friday 10 January 2014

Equipment list - costume and props

For my photoshoot I am going to use a my Compact System Camera and flash to take the photos which I will use in my music magazine, on the front cover and double page spread story. Regarding the surroundings, I would like to take the photos with a blank background so that the images will generally just have a better look. Then if I need to edit or make further changes I will use photoshop to do so.

My plans for my photoshoot is to have the subject close up to the camera, this will be on the cover of my magazine. I like this idea for the cover of my magazine because it's simple but looks sophisticated. I also like this idea because peoples faces are always close up on Vibe magazine - a rap magazine which I have analysed in my research. I also think it shows extra detail in the face, which is further improved by my professional camera.

For my double page spread article I would like to have images of the subject around the page, with a main image across the top half of the magazine. I saw this on a double page spread which I put on my mood board. I thought this made the article look more thought-through and neat for this genre of music. My subject would be posing and smiling in these images to give of positive vibes to the readers and generally bright up the page, as the article is
talking about a new female artist in the industry. I would like my artist to be in fashionable casual clothes that give a good representation of rap.



Some costume ideas for my model include a simple black jumper with bold accessories and make up. I want my model to wear black as she has black hair and my photographs will be taken with a white backdrop creating a strong contrast - making my magazine more eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment