Sunday 5 January 2014

Typography

I experimented with a few fonts here for my title writing style. I only kept my variety to four as there wasn't many fonts that stood out to me while I was looking, that represent rap. Whilst doing my research of rap magazines I have seen that majority have these three colours featured on the front. This has influenced me to stick to this colour scheme on my own music magazine. 

On Vibe magazine, their titles are red which I thought worked really well as it created a bright contrast with the white background. This has given me the idea to have red as one of my possibilities. Also with the blue, I haven't seen many rap magazines with this colour - especially this shade of blue, and I think it's just a calm colour but also has the potential to stand out with a white background. 

Out of the four fonts my favourite is the one at the bottom (Neuropol). I think it looks new and doesn't represent a particular sex. Whereas with the second font, I feel that it wouldn't work on a music magazine of this chosen genre mainly because it could be perceived as being quite a childish font and therefore not representing and drawing in the target audience.

Overall my two possible options for my fonts are numbers 3 and 4, in the colours red and blue. I think they represent rap the best and don't target either males or females, but both. In my music magazine I am trying to target it at both young males and females because there isn't really a rap magazine which has achieved this, seeing as majority of the audience are male. So with my magazine I am trying to encourage young girls to get involved with this genre and enjoy it just as much as young males do.

No comments:

Post a Comment