Friday 17 January 2014

Second Draft on Double Page Spread


Miss G
Quote used as headline: "I'm really close with Nicki"
Stand first: New to the rap industry Miss G is looking to make her debut. She was first discovered by Nicki Minaj at a global rap competition. Although she didn't win, Nicki saw potential and decided to get her hooked up with a label and cram in some practise time before performing with Nicki on stage at her very own tour.

Interviewer: Aaaay, Miss G! How are you?!
Miss G: Heya! I'm very well thank you.

I: That's good to hear! Come on then Miss G tell us all about how busy you've been!
G: Oh gosh I don't know where to start! I entered the "Global Rap Stars" competition just over a year ago now, just for a laugh to see what sort of feed back I'd get, and Nicki Minaj was there! She wasn't judging she was at the front of the audience, well she wouldn't be at the back would she! (laughs). I came on stage and performed my little mash up of a few songs and created my own beat, yes I can beat box! Haha! Anyway I didn't manage to win and as I was packing up my things I was told that Nicki Minaj wanted to speak to me! Now it's not every day you hear that! (laughs). She gave me some feedback and some really good advice, and she also gave me um, contact details for her manager, she really liked my music!

I: Wow! How did that feel for you? I'm sure you weren't expecting that!
G: Absolutely not, I was shocked! Especially because I'm a shy girl I find it hard to express my emotions, and the way that works best for me is through rap music. I guess you could say I have a bad streak about me (giggles).

I: So where are you now with your music or your recording?
G: Well at the moment, I'm currently writing new music for the future, and practising using my beat boxing in some of my songs and creating the right noises, it's hard you know!

I: I'm sure it is! I'm not even going to try it should be illegal for me to try! So what's your relationship like with Nicki?
G: Oh gosh, it's great. We get on so well with loads of joking around. She's lovely, which I'm sure you wouldn't expect with her 'bad bitch' reputation! But with her being in the USA a lot we don't see each other as much as we'd like.

I: Are you ever hoping to do a collaboration with Nicki?
G: Oh yeah! I would love to, we may have already been talking about it..... that's all I'm saying, no more no more haha!

I: Aaah, it was worth a try!
I: So Miss G, tell me who your favourite rap artists are...besides Nicki!
G: Haha! Okay, excluding Nicki.... I really like Kendrick Lamar, he's become so successful this year with his new album and singles and his lyrics are so deep! I also really like Lil Wayne and Tyga, their songs are so catchy and I'd love to be as successful as they are in the future!

I: Ooooh, I love a bit of Kendrick and Lil Wayne! What would you do if one of those wanted to collaborate with you?
G: Oh my goodness I would probably faint! Of course I would do a collaboration, I'd be nervous as hell though, this is Kendrick Lamar and Lil Wayne we're talking about, I wouldn't want to mess it up or embarrass myself!

I: That's understandable, you're brilliant though!
G: (laughs) Thank you!

I: Earlier you mentioned that you were writing some music... could you maybe hint to us what the songs about or who's featured in it?
G: I have just finished recording my first single, there is someone featured on it however... I can't tell you that one! You'll have to wait until the release date which is the 21st of January!

I: Aaah damn! I was hoping for some gossip! Why did you choose the 21st?
G: Haha I'm all secrets I'm afraid! I chose the 21st because it's my birthday, I thought it would lighten up my birthday even more to know that my single has been released!

I: Ooh! That's very soon then, I look forward to the 21st!
G: Thank you! I'm so excited, it still hasn't sunk in yet!

I: So Miss G, how was your very first interview?!
G: I've got to admit, I was quite nervous coming in, I wasn't sure what questions I would be asked but it didn't really feel like an interview, it was more of a chat which I enjoyed!

I: Oh gosh you don't need to be worried! Well I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway, and I hope this isn't the last we see of you!
G: Oh definitely not! I'll gladly come back it's been fun. Hopefully we'll have more to talk about with my album at the end of the year!

I: Ooo! I'll book you in now shall I? (laughs)
G: (laughs) Yes please do! With my busy schedule and everything...(laughs)

I: Well it's been nice chatting to you! Me and the team have loved getting to know you a little bit better.
G: It's been nice chatting to you also, you've made me feel very welcome, and I hope to see you soon with hopefully some gossip I can share!

No comments:

Post a Comment