Friday 3 January 2014

Reader's Profile

For my music magazine I would like the target audience to be young people between the ages of 16-21. I have chosen this age range because I believe there isn't many rap music magazines that target this age category - usually magazines like Vibe are for older teenagers. Opening up a new music magazine at a new target audience could benefit the rap industry further because it would be including younger people in the genre. Although young people of 16 listen to rap, there isn't a particular magazine that targets that age. This is what inspired me to create a music magazine like this.

By looking at my magazine it will be relatively easy to recognise the target audience. This is because of the layout, the style and the text included in the magazine. On other rap magazines, the layout is very basic and sophisticated, I would like to stick to this theme but change it up a little so that it can fully represent the audience. For example, on the front of my magazine I would like the main subject of the topic in the centre, but then on the left hand side I would like other feature stories about other rap artists because I believe that this draws in the attention of the younger audiences.

Age Range:
16-21

Demographic
The target demographic for my music magazine will be in the E category. This is because I've targeted my magazine at teenagers. However I also think that my magazine could be demographic D because I've targeted my magazine at 20 year olds who are adults and in work.

Average Age:
17

Location:
South London

Instruments:
Voice, decks

Sex:
80% male
20% female

In Education
90%

Working Part-Time
65%

Working Full-Time
9%

1 comment:

  1. Katie I have read through all of your posts and have to say you are doing really well! You have clearly put a lot of time and effort into your work so far. If you could add a few more images in to support some of your posts then it would make it even better. Now you are at the point of planning your music magazine so in next lesson we need to start drawing up what your front cover will look like and have your photo shoot plans arranged. Well done.
    Miss Easey

    ReplyDelete